When it comes to your skincare routine, sometimes you have to go backward to move forward. Unfortunately, not everyone has the luxury of clearing skin with ordinary exfoliation and unreliable over-the-counter topical creams. But with the help of Nubo Spa, you’ll receive a customized treatment plan that targets your skin concerns with our effective IPL Photofacial skin resurfacing treatment. Let’s talk about it.
Not your average facial treatment
To begin, IPL stands for “intense pulsed light”. The non-invasive cosmetic procedure features a specialized handheld device precisely calibrated for your specific skin concerns. The device delivers a broad-spectrum light in a pulsating cadence absorbed by the hemoglobin (red blood cells) and melanin (pigment), generating heat. The heat breaks down unwanted skin conditions while avoiding lasting dermal harm.
ANALYZING YOUR CANDIDACY
Men or women who have skin concerns they would like to address are generally ideal candidates for IPL treatments. IPL is safe for most patients with skin concerns, particularly hyperpigmentation. Ideal candidates for IPL laser treatments should meet the following requirements:
- Are generally in good health
- Are not pregnant
- Are not currently taking Accutane
- Have not had a recent tanning session
- Are not currently using any retinoid cream
- Have no current skin infections in the treatment area
- Do not have severe scarring issues
How will it play out?
IPL Facials are typically performed in a series of three to six treatments depending on your customized treatment plan. The procedure generally takes anywhere from 20 minutes to one hour, and the effects will begin dissipating after approximately 24 hours. Sessions can be spread across several weeks to ensure your skin has time to heal between visits. Before each IPL Photofacial, we recommend that you avoid the following:
- Sunbathing and tanning beds
- Chemical peels
- Collagen injections
Once your session is completed, here are tips to ensure the best results:
- Wear sunscreen daily with at least 30 SPF
- Keep your skin moisturized at all times
- Cleanse the area with warm water at least twice daily
- Do not pick or scratch at the skin
- Refrain from wearing makeup for at least 12 to 24 hours after treatment
- No strenuous exercise for 48 hours
- Avoid hot baths, hot showers, and hot tubs for 48 hours
Ready for your facial?
Skin imperfections shouldn’t be a lingering issue. With an IPL Photofacial, your concerns can be removed in just a few short sessions. When you’re ready to take that next step towards sporting vibrant skin, schedule a consultation at one of our Bay Area offices to create a customized treatment plan.
Ready, set, go!
To begin the IPL Photofacial, your Nubo Spa skincare specialist will apply a topical gel to the targeted area and provide you with dark glasses to protect your eyes from the pulsating light. Your specialist will then apply the light-emitting device to the area of concern, penetrating the layers of skin.